The Cold Hard Truth

Saturday, October 23, 2004

What do I stand for? I'll get back to you-Have you heard my accent!

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things. And I'm older, and my validation of what I do and what I believe and my experience is a little bit bigger because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about." -Teresa Heinz Kerry to a reporter after being asked how she would be different from Laura Bush.
HMMMMMM. Andrew Sullivan(www.andrewsullivan.com) has this one right when he proclaimed "Shut Her Up!"
To me this provides an insight into Teresa's psyche. Being a mother, teacher, and librarian(as the fist lady has) constitutes not having a "real job." Teresa issued an apology(probably written for her) saying how important teaching was, blah blah blah, how sorry she was that she forgot Laura worked,blah blah blah, and how important being a mother is, blah. No one believes the apology is sincere. Laura Bush said one wasn't necessary. Note to Teresa: Thats class. Class isn't just about how large of an estate someone controls-it's about being above the crap tossed around in a presidential campaign. Apparently a "real job" and "experience" is only acquired if you A.) marry a billionaire B.) after he dies, decide how his money is to be spent, including philanthropic causes like your current husbands presidential campaign! By the way all you stay at home moms-or as Teresa would call you "fat lazy baby machines"-you must leave your kids behind and immediately marry a billionaire just to say you have a "real job."
This is like when John Edwards told a group of people in a town hall meeting when asked where he could defeat the president: "Talking like this-the South." HMMMM. That I guess would be the first "Vote for Me because I Talk Like You," platform. This shows the contempt that some elite politicians have for regular people. John Edwards thinks he can fake out the South-"I don't believe what you believe-but I talk like you!" Abortion for 12 yr olds-Sure-but have you heard my accent! Medical Liability Reform-no chance-but my dad worked in a mill! It's part of the strategy that regular people are too dumb to get policy- so just smile at em. The South is vehemently opposed to everything Edwards supports: Abortion, higher taxes, more sex ed in schools,the right to sue for no reason whatsoever, and abolishing God from the public square. However Edwards has got a plan for that too-"Look at my beautiful children!" Edwards wife has recently accused the Cheney's of being ashamed of their daughter. To which I would respond-We love Mary Cheney and her lesbianism, the better question Mrs. Edwards is: Why aren't you ashamed of your husband? In fact Mary Cheney is one of the many people I would vote for over John Edwards. Other names from the list include-Kim Jong Ill, Yasser Arafat, Paul Krugman, etc. In fact there are very few people I would not vote for over John Edwards/John Kerry ticket. They include the Osama Bin Laden/Saddam Hussein ticket-that's pretty much it!

The shameless pandering and patronizing the Dems do down South is part of the bait and switch method. John Kerry opposed everything Reagan did and didn't support the 1st Gulf War-but he served in Vietnam God Dammit! Oh okay, we're sorry-didn't realize that. Parade the families of the candidates around and pretend the Democrats haven't lead the abortion charge. Talk about your father who worked in a mill, then don't explain why you constantly choose the needs of wealthy trial lawyers over poor Americans without health insurance. Talk about "faith" then ban God in public, unless it's Allah. (See the NY city public school system) Talk about the rights of states to deal with gay marriage differently(which I agree with) but only to disguise the fact that you don't support states rights when it comes to education, abortion, or gun control. And if your not exactly on the ticket, just married to someone who is, you can always insult mothers and teachers-then claim to have forgotten the fact that mothering and teaching are jobs in a fake "apology." Even tho you may hate what we stand for-Did you know I grew up in Africa?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home